Saturday, August 4, 2018

Our Family, Our Story, Our Recovery...

Image may contain: 3 people, including Shane Beal and Amy Botkin Beal, people smiling


Since From My Journal is the story of our family's recovery journey, I'm joining Shane on the blog today.   I didn't post things very often on Team Beal Recovery, but I've been feeling God nudging me on the shoulder a lot lately to take a more active role on this blog.  So Shane conceded the floor today and encouraged me to take a crack at this "blogging thing."  

I saw a quote recently that said, "If you don't believe in God's miracles, talk to an addict or alcoholic in recovery saved by His grace."  Well, I'm here to tell you that I'm a believer. And I would hope that anyone who has known my husband for more than the last 2 years would agree with me.   I thank God daily for the miracle of Shane's sobriety and I am so grateful that he has been sharing his story--our story.  But as Shane often points out, living in sobriety and in recovery can, in some respects, be just as hard as living in addiction. I believe this is not only true for the person in recovery, but also for the people who love and support him/her.   So I look at every new day in recovery as a miracle.  

Now, I would be lying if I told you that life suddenly got simpler, or that the road I travelled in order to witness these miracle was easy to forget.  We still stumble and struggle--all of us do in our own special ways.  But we are learning a new normal.  Learning to recover together, as a family.  And we learn to take each day as it comes.  Through joining Shane on this blog, I hope to be able to share some of my struggles, the lessons I've learned about addiction and recovery, and, above all, hope--there is hope no matter who or where you are on the journey.  All you have to have is faith that God can do ANYTHING, if you just trust in Him.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness."  2 Corinthians 12:9

Blessings,
Amy


1 comment:

  1. Truly inspired and blessed by you Amy, thankyou for sharing your heart, transparently, you are a blessing and I will be praying for you! Can't wait to read your heart, when you share as well! Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts