Monday, November 26, 2018

3 years free. . . One day at a time

From my journal. . . 3 YEARS TODAY.  .  .

I am grateful for my sobriety today and I pray for an understanding of God's will and the courage to listen to and follow His voice. 

Three years ago I didn't pray at all.  Three years ago I was a couple of weeks away from a 17 month prison stay. Three years ago I was defeated, alone, addicted, and full of despair.

Today, I am sober. More importantly, I am in long term recovery as I celebrate 3 years of God doing for me what I could never do for myself. One day at a time and just like that He kept his promises and opened up the door to so many more promises that are represented in this picture.

When I started this journey I had no idea what promises were and by the grace of God I now do. That's why I keep going back. That's why I give praise to God. That's why I say thank you to everyone who played a part, said a prayer, turned their back, opened their arms, or held my hand.

I'm grateful today for so much. My family.  My friends.  My recovery community.  My career.  My life.  My Bible (that thing has been with me since Prison and is worn out). My Three Year Coin (which I thought was impossible back on November 26, 2015).  And, for me. I'm grateful for ME.

One day at a time.

If you're struggling it's okay, help is only a prayer away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts