Friday, July 20, 2018

Feeling Grateful

From my journal. . . No one appreciates a sunrise like a man who for so long was held captive by addiction. Addiction even takes sunrises from us. It takes the Hope a new day brings. It takes life.

There were many days in prison that I certainly saw the sunrise since I had to be up at 4 a.m. but honestly they seem a little better on the streets (prison for home). My life got better in prison because I met the guy whose Dad makes these sunrises and I finally found some hope.

So, even this sunrise is a But, God moment for me in my life today. But, God I wouldn't be running on the campus of Northwestern University while visiting Elijah Beal. But, God I would not have restored that relationship. But, God I would still be an addict. But, God I would still have no purpose. And, But, God this would just be a sunrise. 

Fortunately, it's not just a sunrise. It's a sign of Hope for me today. A hope that says look to me and I will take care of you just like I always have even when you didn't appreciate my sunrises. . . But.....God... 

If you're struggling, it's okay...help is only a prayer away.
 — feeling grateful at Greenwood Street Beach, Evanston, Illinois, Usa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts