Saturday, December 22, 2018

Mirror Mirror on the wall...

From my journal. . . Christmas time is tough on those of us who struggle with addiction and who are in long term recovery. Today, I don't have to fall apart and I don't have to be afraid. That's not always been the case and thankfully I don't have to let my past consume me. I don't have to be perfect. I don't have to be anything other than what God intended.

THAT'S RECOVERY.

Stick around me long enough and I will share a story or sixty about what recovery looks like - the good, the bad, and the ugly. I've shared on more than a few occasions that recovery can be difficult on everyone involved.

Difficult - yes
Impossible - hardly
Doable - 💯

So why do it? Why get sober? Why put down that bottle, that rig, and that pipe? Why change? Does anyone really care about you? Do YOU EVEN KNOW yourself anymore?

It's Christmas...did you buy your kids gifts or did you buy drugs? Is that REALLY who you are? Will you get 💰 for Christmas and Immediately go see the dope dealer? No judgment here...been there...done that. Or how about this one - will you pawn your gifts and theirs the day after Christmas? Or worse yet, will you simply not show up for anything and be STUCK in the shame of your spiraling addiction.

Is that really who you are? Is that who God created? Go to the mirror and ask yourself those questions right now. I will wait...

If you are reading this and crying right now, you are ready - call a friend, call your parents, tell your wife, call your husband, call me 765-667-0150 - it's time.

You DO NOT have to live this way anymore.

Yes, recovery is hard.  But, if addiction was so easy, you wouldn't be standing in front of a mirror...praying, wishing, and begging yourself to QUIT. Recovery is hard but addiction is so much harder. Aren't you exhausted?

You do not have to stay in front of that mirror for one more second -- GET UP...brush off...ask for help...YOU are LOVED...You are special...You are amazing...You are an awesome person, parent, partner and YOU can recover.

It's Christmas - give the gift of yourself this year. You can recover. End the chaos and ask for help. Be the warrior.

If you're struggling it's okay help is only a prayer away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts