Tuesday, July 31, 2018

When life is. . . Life. . .

From my journal. .   When life is life, I am reminded that to stay clean and sober, there are things that I have to do everyday. The main thing I must do is remain on the grateful side of things.  It's often easier to think about and honestly obsess about what I do not have, what I'm missing out on, and what I would like my life to look like today.

That's dangerous . . . And a bad place to be.

The better route is to count my blessings and be thankful for the relationships, the things, and the life I do have. This life is immeasurably better than my life in addiction and I know that. But, my disease tells me different. It whispers screams in my ear and tells me that things are better when you're using me . . . I know that's a lie but it's a loud and constant ringing in my ear at times.

I have learned that the best way to combat that is to say the serenity prayer, my third step prayer, and to be grateful.

Not only to be grateful but to constantly make lists like this picture. . .

If you're struggling it's okay, help is only a prayer away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts